Stevens introduces two new digital sensors with a smart mix of unique features and an attractive price point. The first in a line-up of rugged digital sensors, they offer built-in processing of measured data, eliminating the need to perform complex calculations to process the data for many applications.
Stevens’ Smart PT is a ceramic membrane pressure and temperature sensor with SDI-12 or RS-485 output that delivers accurate results for a wide range of fluid level measurement applications. In addition to simple instantaneous measurements, this smart sensor features the ability to capture peak crest levels, and to automatically sample and report basic statistics on a configurable time interval.
A corrosion-resistant stainless steel housing and potted electronics make Smart PT extremely durable and long lasting for submersible water applications.In addition to programmable corrections for local variations in Earth’s gravitational field, Smart PT also compensates automatically for the water temperature-density dependency.
- Average and standard deviation outputs on up to 3600 autosampled data points over configurable time window
Crest gauge function automatically captures minimum and maximum level
- Smart autosampling can provide smoothing and oversampling
- Custom offsets
- Environmental corrections for local gravitational field and changes in fluid density due to temperature
The second Smart sensor is Smart Temp: a high precision digital temperature sensor that meets USGS guidelines. It features the ability to automatically sample temperature and calculate minimum, maximum, and average temperatures on a flexible time scale.
This sensor is ideal for high-accuracy readings in water, soil, and air. The hydrology version is small enough to easily deploy through standard 1” (2.5cm) PVC conduit with 8” (20.3cm) factory bend corners, and offers a loop hole which can be used to mount weights or pull the sensor through pipes or other small areas. The soil version features a durable 316 grade stainless steel tine for easy soil insertion.
Both offer fully-potted components, robust PVC Type II housing, and marine-grade stainless steel, making the sensor ideal for harsh environments. SDI-12 output provides universal compatibility with any SDI-12-enabled data logger and low power applications, or use the standard SDI-12 command set over an RS-485 physical interface for applications that require long cable runs or many sensors.
- Automatic minimum, maximum, and average calculations
- RS-485 and SDI-12 interfaces (auto-detecting)
- SDI-12 Ver 1.4 compliant
- Firmware updates through RS-485
- NIST certification available
- High-accuracy temperature measurement
- Extremely low current draw
- Works in water, soil, or air
- Suitable for freshwater or marine applications
- Fully potted electronics
- Tough PVC Type II housing
- Celsius and Fahrenheit output
- No calibration required