All-in-one Integrated Data Acquisition Platform
Steelhead is leading the shift to a true Internet of Things (IoT) data acquisition experience that incorporates low-power, all-in-one, and patented technology.
Steelhead is a traditional data logger and provides two-way communications. Simple to set up, collect, manage, and analyze measurement by using the Steelhead mobile app via Bluetooth or Stevens-Connect cloud-based software.
Mix and match third-party sensor brands and types.
Easily configure to any SDI-12, Modbus RTU over RS-485, and/or Pulse sensors.
Access and Control Your Data Anywhere Anytime
The Steelhead has global cellular coverage easy set-up for seamless data links and actions between the remote sites and data management program.
Quickly visualize and transform your data into easy-to-use information.
Simple to set up, collect, manage, and analyze your data. Use the Steelhead mobile app via Bluetooth or Stevens-Connect to get started.
ALL-IN-ONE COMPACT DESIGN
- IP-68 (waterproof) enclosure
- Waterproof sensor connectors
- Integrated high-efficiency (MPPT) solar regulator
- Enhanced power surge and lightning protection
- Built-in GPS, internal barometric, humidity, and temperature sensors
- Includes internal batteries and antennas
- Integrated 4G Cellular with global coverage via an included SIM card
- Reporting to Stevens-Connect or a third-party server via HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, or both
- Data logger (no cellular connectivity) is an available option
- Report immediately based on sampled data
- Alarm conditions with auto change of logging and reporting frequency during event
• Connect via Bluetooth (BLE)
• Configuration: add/change sensors, reporting/sampling interval, and more!
• SDI-12 Transparent mode: talk directly to the sensor for diagnostics
• Current readings: take an immediate reading
• Download stored data
- Configuration: add/change sensors, reporting/sampling interval,
- Create interactive dashboards with multiple stations and parameters
- Notifications on measurement thresholds via text and/or email
- Remote troubleshooting: battery voltage and percentage, cell signal
strength and network, remote power cycling
- Over-The-Air (OTA) firmware updates
Three Power Options
3-year battery life*
*Assumes 15-minute logging,
12- hour reporting, 2 sensors
Includes an internal 28 Ah
12 Watt Solar Panel
Stevens solar panel optimally designed for the Steelhead
Includes solar panel mounting bracket, an internal battery charging regulator, and both
a 10.5 Ah rechargeable and a 28 Ah non-rechargeable battery
7 to 16V DC / 3-amp power from an AC/DC adaptor or an external battery
Includes an internal 10.5 Ah rechargeable battery. AC/DC adaptor or external battery can be added
Data Collection and Analysis Applications
- Environmental monitoring
- Water resources
- Tide gauging
- Soil management
- Tank levels
- Open and close channel flow
|Sensor Data||Logging Interval||Configurable from 1 minutes to 24 hours|
|Reporting Interval||Configurable from 5 minutes to 24 hours|
|On-board storage||400,000 records typical. depending upon the sensor type|
|Data Memory||64MB Flash memory||Non-volatile Flash Memory, complete data retention with loss
|Sensor Interface||Supported sensor types||SDI-12 bus|
|Modbus RTU over RS-485|
|2 Pulse inputs, individually configurable as low speed (100Hz)
or High speed (KHz)
|Sensor Connectors||3 x M12 A connectors. Connect more sensors using split cables
or break-out box
|Sensor Power Supply||Switched|
|Power Output for Sensors||12V DC with max. current source 200mA|
|Parameters||30 sensor parameters in total|
|Number of Sensors||10 ~ 20, based on the current consumption and number of
|Internal Barometric Sensor||Range 300 to 1250 hPa | 12-month long-term stability: ±0.33
Absolute accuracy pressure (typ.): +/- 0.5 hPa; P=900 ...1100
hPa (T=25° to 40°C)
Relative accuracy pressure (typ.): ±0.08 hPa, P=900…1100 hPa
(T=25° to 40°C)
|Communications||Cellular||4G LTE or Cat-M|
|Antenna||Internal antenna: 698-875 MHz (1.9 gain) or 1710 – 2500 MHz
Options: SMA connector for external antenna
|Mobile App communication||BLE 5.0 Bluetooth low energy protocol|
|GPS||GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou/Compass, Galileo and QZSS|
|Mechanical/ Environmental||Dimensions||240 mm x 170 mm x 60mm (9.44 in x 6.7 in x 2.3 in)|
|Enclosure Material||UV-resistant polymer|
|Ingress Protection||IP-68 (dust proof and waterproof up to 1 meter immersion for
|Operating Temperature||-40°C ~ +80°C (-40°F ~ +176°F)|
|Lightning and Power Protection||Dedicated grounding lug
Each input, output, and sensor power line has isolated gas
discharge tubes, series current limiters, transient voltage
suppressors (TVS), electrostatic discharge, electrical fast
transient and lightning surge protection
* specifications subject to change without notice.
Enter your name and email address to receive a link to the PDF version of the Stevens Product Catalog. You will be subscribed to the Stevens Water newsletter (you can unsubscribe any time).
Need more information? We’re here to help!
Tell us a bit about yourself and your question and we’ll get back to you ASAP.