Stevens’ Smart PT is a ceramic membrane pressure and temperature sensor that delivers accurate results for a wide range of fluid level measurement applications. In addition to simple instantaneous measurements, this smart sensor features the ability to capture peak crest levels, and to automatically sample and report basic statistics on a configurable time interval.
A corrosion-resistant stainless steel housing and potted electronics make Smart PT extremely durable and long lasting for submersible water applications.
Smart PT is available with a vented or absolute pressure sensing module. Both versions come equipped with user specified length of cable. The vent tube provides an atmospheric reference which compensates for variations in barometric pressure.
In addition to programmable corrections for local variations in Earth’s gravitational field, Smart PT also compensates automatically for the water temperature-density dependency.
Every Smart PT provides digital SDI-12, RS-485 and Modbus RTU over RS-485. Compatible with existing power and data logging instruments, the sensor can easily be deployed for data collection at remote monitoring sites.
- < ± 0.1% full scale accuracy
- Aluminum oxide ceramic membrane
- Digital output (SDI-12 / RS485)
- Depth scales available from 2 meters (6.6 feet) up to 200 meters (660 feet)
- Rugged housing and fully potted electronics – no risk of leaking
- Compact size
- Not damaged by freezing water
- Vented or non-vented cable, user specified length
- Direct pipe connection option
- Low power consumption
- Lightning protection
- Overpressure tolerant
- Average and standard deviation outputs on up to 3600 autosampled data points over configurable time window. Data is stored until requested using the M2 command.
- Crest gauge function automatically captures minimum and maximum level and number of seconds since the event.
- Smart autosampling can provide smoothing and oversampling.
- Custom offsets.
- Environmental corrections for local gravitational field and changes in fluid density due to temperature.
|Supply voltage||6 - 28 VDC (12 VDC typical)|
|Current consumption||Average, SDI-12, one measurement per minute: 0.9 mA
Average, RS-485, one measurement per minute: 1.5 mA
Peak current, during response to host: 30 mA
|Output||SDI-12 (Version 1.4) and RS-485
Selectable output: Pressure in bar, kPa, psi, or water depth in m, cm, ft.
Temperature in °C or °F
|Operating temperature||-20 °C to 80 °C (-4 °F to 176 °F)|
|Storage temperature||-40 °C to 80 °C (-40 °F to 176 °F)|
|Pressure accuracy||± 0.1% of full scale, temperature corrected|
|Temperature accuracy||± 0.25 °C (0.45 °F)|
|Wiring||Red: 6 - 28 VDC
Blue: SDI-12, White: RS-485 A/+
Green: RS-485 B/-
|Cable||High durability polyurethane (26 AWG)|
|Dimensions||86.4 mm x 22.1 mm (3.4 in x 0.9 in)|
|Housing||316L Stainless Steel, Fully Potted, IP68|
|Weight||Probe: 120 g (4.23 oz.)
Cable: 40 g per m (0.43 oz. per ft)
Enter your name and email address to receive a link to the PDF version of the Stevens Product Catalog. You will be subscribed to the Stevens Water newsletter (you can unsubscribe any time).
Shop Online / Inquire
Need more information? We’re here to help!
Tell us a bit about yourself and your question and we’ll get back to you ASAP.