Employer: Stevens Water Monitoring Systems, Inc.
Job Location: Portland, Oregon
Title: Senior Embedded Systems IoT Hardware Design Engineer
- Apply theoretical and specialized knowledge of embedded hardware design and development.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by leading the design, engineering, and implementation of electronic devices for the Company’s environmental monitoring products and services.
- Create and maintain the Company’s Hardware Architecture road-map.
- Develop and manage breakthrough technology R&D projects for future product development.
- Proactively pursue new advancements in embedded computing, IoT, data acquisition, radio frequency design, telemetry, and data acquisition in extreme, harsh environments with exceptionally low power budgets.
- Design and implement new products and services.
- Responsible for and accountable to project schedules, milestones, and critical deliverable dates.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to manage the total product life cycle.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to define functional requirements, coordinate and prioritize activities, and track deliverables.
- Define feature validation and test plans for system level product functionality and work with QA to develop and execute those plans.
- Lead and foster the Stevens technology and architecture strategy and technology road map.
- Identify, lead, and manage outside contract engineering teams to ensure contracted deliverables are on-time, on-budget, and exceeding quality of work requirements for all contracted activities.
- Work with the development of embedded hardware for our IoT systems, including PCB design, component selection, electronics packaging, COTS hardware integrations, etc. to meet customer requirements.
- Learn and integrate new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies and help introduce them where appropriate.
- Lead the collaboration of internal teams in the product development life cycle.
- Establish and maintain embedded hardware test procedures, including the design and development of test equipment.
- Support the management of contract manufacturers and electronic component suppliers to ensure product quality and performance.
- Lead regulatory compliance and certification for embedded systems.
- Lead the design, coding, integration, testing, debugging, configuration, and documentation of firmware for the assigned subsystem, features, or tools.
- Document embedded hardware designs and create any required production support documentation.
- Lead and participate in peer design reviews as well as code reviews to support overall embedded development efforts.
- Lead the development of customer-facing documents such as user guides, application notes, and release notes.
- Little domestic travel to domestic tradeshows; International travel 10-15% of time required to India, Middle East, and SE Asia.
- May supervise Junior Hardware Design Engineers and Contract Design Engineers up to 5% of the time.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or a closely related field and 5 years of experience as a Hardware Design Engineer, Electronics Design Engineer, or closely related occupation. Experience must include:
- 5 years working with embedded hardware design and development.
- 5 years working with hardware prototyping and troubleshooting.
- 5 years working with embedded hardware design for ultra-low power, and harsh environmental conditions.
- 5 years working with real-time embedded firmware development.
- 5 years working with IoT and distributed systems including each of the following: WiMax, Zigbee, MBus, LoRa, CAT-M1, NBIoT technologies.
- 5 years working with each of the following: Altium, OrCad, DX Designer, Expendition, PADS for schematic capture, PCBA design and layout, and circuit simulation.
- 2 years leading off-shore hardware and firmware design teams.
All education, training, and experience may be gained concurrently. To apply, submit your resume to email@example.com