Title:POGO Regional Manager
Location:Southern California, USA
Reports to:VP of POGO Business Unit
Direct Reports:none at this time
About POGO and Stevens Water Monitoring Systems
POGO is a professional, all in one system obtaining superior insight into golf and sports turf conditions allowing better decisions to be made efficiently and cost effectively for presenting the finest turf conditions possible to our customers.
We are a part of the privately held Stevens Water Monitoring Systems Inc. business, which was founded in 1911 and has been innovating water and soil monitoring solutions ever since. With a focus on simplicity, innovation, and efficiency we strive to grow profitably while helping to improve the environment we all live in and share.
Represent and be a strong contributing team member of both the POGO team and supporting functions in the Territory. Deliver profitable growth and create an industry leading and sustainable position for POGO in golf and sports turf management.
- At all times adheres to, promotes, and affirms the Company culture, vision, mission, and core values.
- Create demand at the customer level, ensuring that the customer is knowledgeable about our products and has further interest in POGO solutions.
- Act as a steward of the POGO portfolio by making recommendations and by managing complaints/issues in the field as needed. Coach Golf Course
- Superintendents and Turf Managers on best-practices when using POGO.
Achieve sales, profit, and market share targets within territory.
- Develop a profound understanding of customer needs via consultative selling, recognized expertise, and trust with customers within assigned market area.
- Regularly collect and report market intelligence and relevant value chain insights.
- Actively engage with and manage any local channel partners within the territory to ensure consistent messaging, product positioning, pricing, and support to achieve Company growth and profitability objectives.
- Develop annual Territory-level business plan and subsequent tactical action plans that identify specific opportunities, must-wins, and tactics to grow territory sales.
- Manage operational expense budget and variable selling expenses to deliver profitable growth within Territory.
- Provide accurate and timely forecasting for your customers demand within Territory on a monthly basis.
- Utilize Goldmine and Quotewerks operations to ensure timely processing of quotation requests and customer orders.
- Review technical support inquiries on a daily basis and respond directly. Utilize Company processes to resolve, document, and communicate problems without delay.
- Maintain CRM system with current sales order dates, lost sales, and closed sales.
Knowledge, Experience & Capabilities
- Consultative selling and negotiation skills
- Strategic and tactical business planning process
- Key account function and business management
- Competitive analysis and interpretation
- Turf management terminology and nomenclature
- Agronomy knowledge and turfgrass management practices and challenges relevant to the assigned Territory
- Minimum education requirement: BA/BS in Turfgrass Science, Agronomy, Ag Science or BA/BS in non-ag discipline with significant industry background
- A certificate in Turfgrass Management and minimum 5 years’ experience as Golf Course
- Superintendent or Director of Agronomy can replace BA/BS Requirement
- Proven strong sense of customer focus and demonstrated excellent sales and negotiation skills
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Customer Focus – candidate must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of external customers and clients; obtains first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customer in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Business Acumen – candidate must know how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Resilience – candidate must be able to recover rapidly from adversity, change or misfortune; must have the ability to bounce back from difficult situations; have the capacity to make realistic plans and take steps to carry them out; candidate must have a positive view of self and confidence in his/her strengths and abilities.
- Integrity and Trust – candidate must be widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results. Must be willing to build a pipeline, recruit, and sign new channel partners if required without exception in an effort to grow sales volume in the territory. Have the passion to enjoy selling solutions to golf courses and sports venues.
- Effective Teamwork: Initiates and participates in teams when needed; contributes to team morale and spirit; shares in the wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; encourages people to be responsible for their work; displays high collaboration skills.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Enjoys meeting new people and builds trust very quickly. Strong listener with ability to offer a professional response at all times.
- Negotiation: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Computing: Basic operation of Microsoft Office Suite – Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required to perform job function.
Critical leadership capabilities
- Lead through ambiguity
- Collaborates across functional areas
- Focuses on customers
- Drive for results and create edge
Critical success factors & key challenges
- Co-developing sales plans and implementing them with excellence
- Demonstrated experience selling SaaS solutions
- Professional appearance when representing POGO (including attire, vehicle, language and overall presentation of self)
- Travel Requirements: overnight 25 to 50%, Travel via car 80% of time.
- Ability to work on virtual teams
- Must be able to carry display units, coolers with beverages, tables/chairs etc. during internal and external field events.